Red Hat & Satellite >
Benefit from our strong relationship with Red Hat
O.S.S. have had an active partnership with Red Hat for over 10 years and as a Red Hat Advanced Business Partner have the proven skills and experience to provide premier services.
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions. They use a community powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies.
Offering award winning services and training, Red Hat creates innovative, relevant technologies that liberate resources, as well as preparing customers for the future of IT.
Satellite 6 now available
Red Hat® Satellite is a systems management solution that makes Red Hat infrastructure easier to deploy, scale, and manage across physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Satellite enables users to provision, configure, and update systems to help ensure that they are running efficiently, securely and remain compliant with relevant standards. By automating most tasks related to maintaining systems, Satellite helps organisations increase efficiency, reduce operational costs, and better respond to strategic business needs.
Compared with other commercial solutions, Satellite is less complex and less costly to implement. Compared with homegrown solutions, it follows best practices and scales to manage Red Hat infrastructure efficiently.
Red Hat Satellite 6 includes a redesigned product architecture to manage new types of content on a wide variety of platforms, including bare metal, and private and public clouds. Red Hat Satellite 6.2 builds on that release with the following features:
- Automated workflows. Capabilities include remote execution and scheduling for remote execution jobs, as well as expanded bootstrap and provisioning options.
- Air-gapped security and federation. Users can now sync to export RPM Package Manager content from one satellite to another.
- Software management improvements. Simplified smart variable management is now available.
- Capsule improvements. Users now have extended insight into capsule health and overall performance. Capsules are more lightweight and can be configured to only store client-requested content. In addition, capsules have a new reference architecture that includes the ability to deploy a highly available Red Hat Satellite capsule.
- Atomic OSTree and containers. Mirror, provision, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux® Atomic Hosts and content with Red Hat Satellite. Also, mirror container repositories, such as Red Hat Registry, DockerHub, and other third-party sources. Red Hat Satellite provides a secure, curated point of entry for container content.
This version of Red Hat Satellite includes many other enhancements and fixes to improve stability, reliability, and scalability. Get in contact with us today to take advantage of a free Red Hat® Satellite Realisation Plan valued at $7,500.